Passionate in the Pursuit of Justice Relentlessly Fighting for Your Future SEE HOW OUR FIRM CAN HELP

Family Visas Attorney in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina

Bring Your Family Together in the United States

Obtain a Family Visa in Durham, NC

A U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (LPR) may sponsor certain members of their family to come to the U.S. and receive a green card. An individual's status as either an LPR or a U.S. Citizen will determine if the family member is eligible to be sponsored.

The following members of a family may be sponsored by a U.S. Citizen:

  • A Spouse;

  • A Fiancé(e)

  • An Unmarried Child Under 21;

Fight for Your Family
  • An Unmarried Son or Daughter Over 21;

  • A Married Son or Daughter of Any Age; or

  • A Parent, if the Petitioner is 21 or Older.

The following members of a family may be sponsored by a U.S. Permanent Resident:

  • A Spouse; or

  • An Unmarried Son or Daughter of Any Age.

Connect with our office now to discuss your family-based immigration needs in Durham, NC.

​In addition to the above two categories, individuals who are in the United States in certain other categories may also be able to file a petition for their spouse and unmarried children. For example, refugees and asylees may petition for their spouses and children, and U visa applicants may submit applications for their spouses and children before or after their U visa approval.

In all of these cases, there are specific rules that may or may not apply in your situation. As a result, anyone considering filing a family-based immigration petition should consult with a knowledgeable and reputable immigration lawyer. Contact us for a consultation.